25/04/2016

Reynisfjara beach

Reynisfjara beach

The rugged coastline of Reynisfjara makes you feel like you've stepped into a fantasy novel.

Jagged rocks, rough rolling waves and a grey foreboding skyline is a dramatic as it gets! And then of course there's the black sand...

Reynisfjara beach

Reynisfjara beach

If you're travelling around the south of Iceland then a stop at this beach is highly recommended! Be careful not to get too close to the sea though as this beach is not for swimming. The sea is rough and has caught people unexpectedly before, the most recent I think was in February this year. I don't think I've ever seen waves as high as they were!

I loved looking at the pyramid like rock formations, it reminded me of The Giants Causeway in Ireland (just from photos as I haven't been there yet).

Reynisfjara beach
Reynisfjara beach
Reynisfjara beach
Reynisfjara beach
The surroundings weren't bad either ;) 
Reynisfjara beach

No comments:

Post a Comment